Wednesday, September 19, 2012

LDTTWC: Day 4- Lights, Camera, Action!

 Lights, Camera, Action! Get ready for today's theme, straight from Hollywood (1997 :). So, my "nostalgic" movie mani is: Titanic. This could probably also fit in the historical event category too. :) Now I've never personally seen the movie (although I might now :), this was a pretty fun design to paint.
 I didn't want a blue sky and blue water, so I decided to try a sunset. I'm not quite sure if I like the color though... On my middle finger, I also painted a setting sun. My first idea to do the waves was to use masking tape (which might be my favorite nail tool :); I cut a wave shape and then put the tape on my first finger. That didn't work quite so well, so for the rest of the nails, I free-handed my water.
 And here sadly, we have our sinking ship right behind an iceberg. :( I'm also not sure if you can see in the picture, but below the windows, I started the word Titanic with a "T, i, t."
Now on my left hand, I chose not to do a ship, but rather paint a sun. The rest of my nails had clouds on them. I do really like the cloud color, which was pretty easy to do; after painting them in white, I used a light blue shimmer polish to tone them done, and sparkle them up! :D

I hope you like it! (Although, can you really even like the Titanic story??? Well, at least you can enjoy the mani!)

This was another polish heavy design:

  • White- Wet n Wild French White Cream
  • Orange- Wet n Wild Wild Shine in Blazed
  • Yellow- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lightening
  • Blue (for clouds and iceberg)- Pure Ice Polish in Frosted Ice Sky
  • Blue (for water)- Wet n Wild Fast Dry in Teal or No Teal
  • Black (my Sally Hansen was running out :(, so I got a new black color :)- Wet n Wild Wild Shine in Black Creme
☼ Trendy Tips 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think as well as any advice or other constructive feedback you have! Thanks for visiting :)