Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dralion Toes

 Last night I got the opportunity to see the Cirque Du Soleil show, Dralion. The name is a blend of Dragon (representing the east) and Lion (representing the west). Since it's a circus though, I decided to do a pedicure to suit the theme.

For my big toes, I wanted to do red and white stripes as a representation of a big top tent. So, I started with a red polish coat, and once it dried, I used tape strips to create the stripes. This technique is the same as I did here with the Ladybug Toes.
 After the stripes thoroughly dried, I used a toothpick to paint the name Dralion on my two toes.
One of the major themes of the show was the idea of being in harmony with nature. The "main characters" in the show represented the four elements: air, water, fire, and earth. And the colors, blue (for air), green (for water), red (for fire), and ochre (for earth) are symbolic of the elements; that's why I painted my other toes in these colors. I didn't really have a good ochre color, so I used an orangey-peach polish.

Colors used:

  • Big Toes- Revlon Love That Red, Wet n Wild French White Creme, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out
  • Blue- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue It
  • Green- OPI Gargantuan Green Grape
  • Red- Revlon Love That Read
  • Peach/Ochre- Revlon Creme Sheer in Sheerly Coral
After this, I finished with top coat.

<3 Trendy Tips <3

1 comment:

  1. that is so cute! thats really cool that you got to go to the cirque de soleil!
    xoxo,
    birdy
    www.thetwirlteam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think as well as any advice or other constructive feedback you have! Thanks for visiting :)