Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Icy Ombre

 So this summer, I've been seeing a lot of ombre manicures on the computer and in magazines, and I finally decided to give it a try. I'm pretty happy with the results, and it wasn't that hard, however, I feel it could be better with practice. I do really love the colors of it though; it reminds me of clear, sparkly ocean water. And that's something great to be reminded of with the end of summer coming in a few weeks. :O
 First, you will have to choose your colors. You can do two or more, but I'd recommend just two paints for your first time. You also need to make sure that the colors are VERY different shades. If they are even remotely similar, they will end up looking the same. I picked any icy blue and an "American Flag Blue." Then you will paint the lighter color on all of your nails.
 Once your base color dries, you have to have some type of sponge. I used a cosmetic sponge, but any one with fairly small "pores" will work just fine. To create the ombre effect, paint a light and dark stripe slightly overlapping on your sponge.
 Now simply apply the paint with the sponge onto your nails. Keep doing these steps over and over until you are satisfied with the results. Add dark then light until you get the blended design.

Colors used: Base- Pure Ice in Frosted Ice Sky; Dark Color- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blue It
Have fun and happy sponging!

;) Trendy Tips ;)

1 comment:

  1. This looks so cool! I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think as well as any advice or other constructive feedback you have! Thanks for visiting :)