Monday, December 10, 2012

Liebster Award

Yay! I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by Sarah Lou Nails; definitely check out her blog! It's great, and I always love to see what she comes up with. Thanks so much Sarah!! Now on with the award:

So here are the requirements:
  • Post 11 random facts about yourself
  • Answer 11 questions from your nominator 
  • Create 11 questions and nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
First up, the random facts:
  1. I participated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) for the first time, this year, and I won :)
  2. My favorite author is hands down Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson, anyone?)
  3. My first two pets were hamsters named Lilo and Stitch (yes, like the Disney show :)
  4. Favorite singers/bands: Taylor Swift, tobyMac, and Anthem Lights (I LOVE THEIR MUSIC!!)
  5. I was homeschooled from 1st-8th grade
  6. I LOVE Christmas and my birthday and have had a countdown on my laptop since LAST Christmas day :)
  7. My dream is to visit Hawaii for a vacation some day and go surfing (maybe :)
  8. I want to try to visit all 50 states sometime :)
  9. I am learning American Sign Language
  10. I HAVE to go to the Olympics one day and see the opening ceremony
  11. I have swam at the pool where Olympian swimmer Michael Phelps trains
Okay, now for Sarah Lou's questions:
  1.  If you could walk in anyone's shoes for 1 day, who would it be? Hmm... I would say someone famous, like the president or maybe Taylor Swift (can you tell I like her a lot?) just to see what it would be like.
  2. If you could have any 1 materialistic item for free what would it be? A Pandora bracelet (it's on my Christmas list) and unlimited beads and charms (I can dream, right? :)
  3.  How many bottles of nail polish do you own? Ummm, I'm not really sure. Under 100 definitely. Maybe 40???
  4. Who is your celebrity crush? I don't really have a celeb crush... but my favorite actor is Logan Lerman (from Percy Jackson movie; how predictable ;)
  5. Why did you decide to start a nail blog? I started a blog because I loved painting my nails and trying out neat designs. And I thought, "How cool would it be to share my nails with the world?!" The rest as they say, is history.
  6. Besides nail polish, what are you obsessed with? BOOKS; I LOVE to read. I really like music and movies too... And writing. And Christmas!!!!!!!
  7. Who are some of your favorite bloggers? Well, there are a TON of great blogs that I love to read, but here are a few favorites: The Daily Nail, Nailed It, Pink & Polished, Twirl, Neverland Nail Blog, and Amber Did It! Whew! What a list!! Be sure to check them all out, they're FABULOUS!!!
  8. Have you ever done any extreme activities? Well, I think I bungee-jumped when I was quite a bit younger (it wasn't very extreme). And I've gone tubing in water up to my neck with little rapids... I adore roller coasters too. Nothing too extreme I suppose, but when I'm out of school I'd love to go skydiving/parachuting, surfing, water skiing, and snowboarding/skiing. 
  9. Is there anything on your bucket list that you've accomplished? (If you have one) I sort of have a bucket list, but I haven't accomplished much of it yet :). I want to: visit all 50 states (I've gone to about 8), go to the Olympics and see the opening ceremony live, go to Hawaii (I suppose this is part of my first goal), and to publish a novel. Oh, and I'd love to get to 50 followers by the end of the year! (Maybe they'll be a giveaway if this happens :) We'll see what the future has in store!
  10. What is the weirdest compliment you've ever got on your nails? The weirdest compliment; that's a tough one! I can't think of one in particular, but probably when someone is like, "Oh, I love your nails! That little ____ is so cute!" And '____' isn't what I was trying to paint... :) That's not even that WEIRD though... oh well.
  11. Do you have any pets? Yes! Two adorable hamsters named Sugar and Spice; and my brother has two guinea pigs named Roxi and Rosi. Take a look at the pics below:
 Rosi and Roxi; aren't they SO cute??????!!!!!!!!! :D Rosi is a long-haired, and Roxi is an Abysinnian (with frumply hair :) And yes, they're sisters.
 Here's Spice, one of my Russian dwarf hamsters. She's a little fiesty, and was named well (Spice :).
And her sister, Sugar. She is the sweetest (like sugar :) little thing ever! So much nicer, and fatter than her sister!


And these are MY questions for my nominees:

  1. What is your favorite nail polish?
  2. Do you/did you ever play sports? If so, which ones?
  3. Name your favorite singer/band.
  4. What are your hobbies besides nails?
  5. What is your favorite book? (or author)
  6. What is one accessory you cannot live without?
  7. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
  8. Do you know another language? (besides your native language, that is)
  9. What is the last movie you went to see? Was it good?
  10. Favorite Christmas tradition? (if you celebrate it)
  11. Do you have pets? (yes, I know I stole this question from Sarah, but I really liked it; pictures make it better!! :)
On with the nominations!
UPDATE 12/11/12: I found an 11th blog to nominate!!!! YAY!!!

That's all for today! Don't worry, I still plan to finish up the Lazy 15 challenge, but that might take a few days...

Thanks again to Sarah Lou for the nomination!

   Trendy Tips  
  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for nominating me, I was nominated I think about a month ago aswell and did a post on it. You can see it here:

    http://channichic.blogspot.com/2012/11/yay-liebster-award.html

    Thanks again! Your blog is awesome* I'm sure you'll have more than 50 followers by the end of the week... wink*

    Chat soon! Mwah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't notice this till now! Thanks for playing! Pet questions and pictures are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sorry I haven't got around to this sooner, I've done it now with lots of pet pictures ;) You can see it here http://justtalknails.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think as well as any advice or other constructive feedback you have! Thanks for visiting :)