Saturday, October 27, 2012

Candy Corn Carnival

 Hello, and welcome to my third Halloween nail art!!! I can't believe Halloween's only in 4 more days!!! Get ready  for some more nail art, as I'm working on a manicure to go with my Robin Hood Honey costume! :)
 But for today, we have candy corns! I don't think there is anything more iconic of Halloween besides the pumpkin and candy corn. So I chose to do the candy corn several different ways to make it more unique.

We have a gradient design on my first and ring fingers. The thumb and pink were done with, what else- masking tape!! LOL :) (Gotta love me and my obsession with tape... :) My middle finger though is definitely the most creative and different technique out of the three. It's more of an "abstract design" and I want to try it out again with different colors.

The technique I used was based off of this "Sugar Spun" design by Kristine at Pink & Polished. She has a pretty good tutorial for it, so if you're interested, check out her post!! I unfortunately had the same problem she did: impatience. Therefore, the nail didn't turn out as well as it could have...
Here is just another shot that gives a better view of my thumb. I'm pretty happy with the stripes- I think I'm getting neater!! :)

Polishes used:

  • Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lightening
  • NYC in Times Square Tangerine Creme
  • Wet n Wild in French White Creme


Anyways, enjoy!!!

((^_^)) Trendy Tips ((^_^))

2 comments:

  1. Aww I'm so happy you like my tutorial ^.^ I always feel like I explain things way too much and it gets all confusing but maybe I'm wrong :) All your nails came out so awesome! I definitely love your sugar spun nail it just looks so abstract but at the same time we know exactly what it is! And your gradients are beautiful!! I'm such a sucker for gradients I think I might be a little obsessed O.O Oh well! And I keep having issues with my tape manis how do you get your lines so straight? Mine always comes out all squiggly -_- But really great mani! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I the only one with a slight addiction to candy corn this year?
    xoxo
    Birdy
    www.thetwirlteam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think as well as any advice or other constructive feedback you have! Thanks for visiting :)