Here is a "nail by nail blow" of this mani. :)
- First Finger: "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." Most people have heard these famous words, so in honor of Neil Armstrong (who very coincidentally just passed away a week ago), I painted a small step and a giant leap.
- Middle Finger: We have the Apollo rocket sailing through space surrounded by the stars; how exciting!
- Ring Finger: On this finger, I painted the number eleven to look like the moon too.
- Pinky Finger: And since all of the Apollo 11 astronauts were earthlings, I had to paint the Blue Marble somewhere! :) I even tried to make it look a little bit like North America as well as Central America. LOL :)
If you would like to try this design out yourself, here's a link to the tutorial that I used from, The Daily Nail: http://www.thedailynailblog.com/2012/08/galaxy-nails-nail-art-tutorial.html
Well this mani sure used a TON of polishes, so here they are:
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out (black)
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lightening (yellow)
- Sinful Colors Nail Art in Sour Apple (green) and Hey Dear! (blue for flag and earth)
- NYC Long Wearing in Times Square in Tangerine Creme (orange)
- Wet n Wild Fast Dry in Teal or No Teal (blue for galaxy nails)
- Wet n Wild in French White Creme (white)
- Wet n Wild Wild Shine in Metallica (gray/silver)
- L'Oreal Creme in Infrared (red)
I hope you like this, "out of this world," manicure! And be sure to check out all of the other great designs!