Thursday, September 27, 2012

LDTTWC Day 6- They Sure Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To

 I agree, they certainly don't make things like they used to- although in my opinion, I do prefer the toys of today (perhaps it's because I  wasn't around for many of the older ones :) But for day 6, I had to choose an old-fashioned toy, so I picked the sock monkey.
 Not only are they cute, but they're pretty popular too! And today, sock monkeys are still made and sold in all different styles and colors. One of my friends even has one which is dressed with a birthday hat! :) Another I've seen has multiple colored stripes, and others wear costumes! How cute! :)
I do have a funny story though to tell for this post, so here it goes. When I came up with this idea, I figured everyone had at least seen, a sock monkey once in their life. But boy was I wrong! While sharing the idea with my family, I learned that my dad had never seen, nor owned, nor even heard of a sock monkey before! This was a shock, and I promptly introduced him to this wonderful little toy. :)

I'm really excited for Monday's post, and I already have my idea! So be sure to check back soon!

@(^_^)@ Trendy Tips @(^_^)@


4 comments:

I'd love to hear what you think as well as any advice or other constructive feedback you have! Thanks for visiting :)